Tuesday, October 26, 2010

dragging behind on this update thing...its just all happening at once..so here is one update!

We went to Gatlinburg with my(HW) family a few weeks ago and overall had a good time! This was only the 2nd time we had been and so we didn't know the ropes to the roads and traffic. So needless to say it made for an extremely stressful time everytime we got on the road the first two days. Then D and I got smart and figured out the back roads maps so we could actually get somewhere in less than 2 hrs. Needless to say if we ever go back we will stay on the Pigeon Forge, Seviereville end of things. Skyler we discovered on this trip is a thrill seeker and a daredevil extremist!! We know he has no fear most of the time but we discovered he really has NO fear in him. The higher the better and the faster the better. We 3 spent most of the time together, everyone kind of did their own thing and then we would get together at some point here and there. I took Sky on a helicopter ride and his 'Uncle' Shannon went too. He loved it and thought it should have been a longer ride. Then one evening(10:30pm) he went with my brother Chris up the mountain swing thing. That was hard for me cause we were not the ones responsible to protect him and for him not to fall out. But I knew him and Uncle Chris were having a blast together. Chris is always been so good with him. Between him and Uncle Quinton, they have taught him to play rough and wrestle! One morning D and I got a little while w/o him so we went horseback riding with Shannon and Buck. Dustin and I covered the zoo, race car track, Cades Cove(incredibly boring for all of us, this is a once every ten years thing to do), lots of eating and lots of driving but I think Sky thought he had landed in Heaven on Earth with sooo much to do in a short period of time. And let me not forget this trip started out in Knoxville with an awesome train ride! It was really a great treat for all 3 of us to do!


1 comment: